Samsung Edge

• NFC Ring Team

Anyone tested the Edge yet? It should be great as it uses same antennas as S6?

• NFC Ring Team

I hear the Edge has fingerprint too, will be avoiding that ;(

• Whoa, whoa, whoa! Try not to shoot down every phone with fingerprint sensor built in! :P

• @johnyma22 said:

I hear the Edge has fingerprint too, will be avoiding that ;(

What's the reasoning for your aversion to fingerprint unlock ? is it the concern that the company in question will "steal" your fingerprint data ?

The NFC ring can do a lot more than just unlock a phone so doubt your worried about competition.

I'm just wondering.

• NFC Ring Team

It's not about "stealing" so much, it's more about an unnecessary disclosure of my personal information.

Historically speaking each time humanity gives up some privacy(for convenience) it comes at a cost. Imho it's not worth the trade off because biometrics have too many pitfalls.

Any authentication mechanism that can't be reset or changed is a security vulnerability. -- every security researcher ever.

• @johnyma22 said:

It's not about "stealing" so much, it's more about an unnecessary disclosure of my personal information.

Historically speaking each time humanity gives up some privacy(for convenience) it comes at a cost. Imho it's not worth the trade off because biometrics have too many pitfalls.

Any authentication mechanism that can't be reset or changed is a security vulnerability. -- every security researcher ever.

I recon eventually every phone will have this built in, It will just be users choice to not use the feature. I do agree with you that invasion of privacy has gone to far already !!

Looks like your connection to NFC Ring Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.