@johnyma22 the ring came with four very tiny circular stickers, I don't think those are what you're talking about though. I didn't pay extra NFC stickers.
The way I see it, from a troubleshooting perspective:
- The control app definitely has problems supporting my phone. There's no other reason that it would be so unusable.
- The ring MAY have an issue, since the other NFC app you suggested cannot detect it
- Alternatively, the phone's NFC functionality MAY have issues.
On the ring vs the phone's NFC, we won't know for sure unless I can either:
- get another NFC tag to test with
- get another NFC device
Since I've already spend money on this phone, I don't feel inclined to purchase another one simply for troubleshooting.
I would like to ask that NFC Ring do one of two things:
- give me a refund for the ring
- send me some other NFC tag to continue testing with, that would help us get closer to the real issue.
I was a big fan of the tech, but right now I have to conclude that both the ring and app are not functional. I believe that merits a refund. And if you'd like to tack on another $30 to the refund, I'd be happy to ship the ring and the Samsung Galaxy Axiom back to you, so you can further improve your hardware and software support.
Please let me know thanks.