App has crashed while locked

• Hi all,

I just got a Sony Xperia Z3, and set up the lock screen app with my ring. It was all working fine (and I tested it many times to find my 'sweet spot') until I started transfering my contacts, messages etc across from my iphone with the xperia transfer app. I tried to unlock it, and although it recognised the ring, it didn't unlock. I tried with the pin, and now it is completely stuck!

It doesn't seem to recognise numbers being pressed, and I can't go back to try and enter my email address and password. It still recognises the ring, and makes the little noise, but it remains locked. I can't seem to turn it off either.

I am new to android phones, and so I suppose I could have missed something, but I can't think what. Does anyone have any ideas for how I could unlock it? I could then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Thanks,

Will

• @Will47
    Hi,
    Got nearly the similar problem here on a Xperia Z3 Compact.
    Did You find a solution beside resetting Your phone?
    Didn't expect bricking my device this way :/

Geetings

Portaeris

• Community Helper

Hi guys, sorry I didn't see your post until now @Will47, I managed to miss it.
    If you and @Portaeris could make a bug report on https://github.com/mclear/Android_NFC_Ring_Unlock that'd be helpful.

• i have the same issue with my Xperia Z5. I searched in Google and found this suggestion is helpful to remove lock screen password for Android based phones.

Looks like your connection to NFC Ring Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.