NFC-Ring as a copy-paste device

• When on android you can often use the 'Share' function to send the link to a friend or broadcast to social media (I'll deal with photos/videos in a minute).

Obviously you can't encode anything on to the ring, but I think we could use this functionality to 'Share' the link to a database (or just an online hosted text file public or a google drive one line .txt) assigning a NFC Ring hash to a url.

[b:21g09g9i]Process:[/b:21g09g9i]
    -This is an interesting article, I'll save it for later
    -Share to: NFC ring [prompts you to put your ring to the device]
    -Phone updates database with Ring hash code and a url
    -i.e. 68CASH93FIN9Q982FOIAFNOI310FN http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23610105
    -Time passes
    -Oh Hai Mark, let me show you this cool story I saw earlier! bumps ring to phone/device, url is pulled down.

Obviously this kind of thing could also be done via a hundred other apps more instantly but I'm thinking of more long-term storage.

[b:21g09g9i]Re: Photos videos[/b:21g09g9i]
    This would work by having the Share to NFC bump upload the photo/video/whatever to somewhere with a public/private url depending on your preference, which I would personally do with Google drive integration for hosting. This would then also update the hash-link database.

This would also have a set up for people who don't want to regularly move things around, but want a photo/video tied to their ring. It would be permanent until you want it not to be!

• @mabeuf

When on android you can often use the 'Share' function to send the link to a friend or broadcast to social media (I'll deal with photos/videos in a minute).

On nfc-cloud.de/index.jsf you can do something like this. Its a german site, but its similiar to your idea.

• Community Helper

@mabeuf

Obviously you can't encode anything on to the ring, but I think we could use this functionality to 'Share' the link to a database (or just an online hosted text file public or a google drive one line .txt) assigning a NFC Ring hash to a url.

Just wanted to correct this, there are writable areas on the NTAG203, though one is OTP another is good for user data.

Looks like your connection to NFC Ring Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.