NFC Reader for Password

• Hi All,

I posted on the Kickstarter page, but John suggested I post here for discussion.

I'm hoping to purchase a USB NFC reader pad for my PC, and store a long randomish key on my ring which I will use as a password for certain applications/accounts/etc - far too long and complex to remember, but ideal if I can store it on the ring and access it when required.

Does anyone know of a) a good NFC reader for USB and b) if any software exists like an 'NFC password manager' for a desktop machine. All I can find is Android apps.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ally

• Hey there.
    This was bought up in the NFC kickstarter page, so I can't take credit on this.
    There are quite a few products that connect to the usb of a comp, but from what I'm understanding of your question is your looking for the whole hardware and software solution.
    Asus [url:19n4fvo2]http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/NFC_EXPRESS/[/url:19n4fvo2] make this that may be what your looking for.
    I will keep hunting to let you know.

• I came here to say this!

But my addition would be to have a context-dependant password i.e. it takes the NFC hash, then takes the first 3 letters of the web domain (or similar) you're accessing and spits out a new hash.

This would reduce password redundancy if your password was compromised on one site.

Looks like your connection to NFC Ring Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.