Bug: Ring scans but does not unlock screen

• I'm having a problem with my NFC ring. When I turn on my phone, I enter my unlock code (my current default unlock method), then the NFC lock screen comes up. I place my ring over the sweet spot, it chirps, then nothing else happens.

How I got here:
    [list=1:1dwbx3hs][:1dwbx3hs]I scanned the private side of my ring a few times[/:m:1dwbx3hs]
    [:1dwbx3hs]I enabled NFC unlock[/:m:1dwbx3hs]
    [:1dwbx3hs]I was always able to unlock my phone, though it took some coaxing sometimes; Normal ring + Nexus 4 is not completely reliable[/:m:1dwbx3hs]
    [:1dwbx3hs]I changed my unlock method from pattern to code[/:m:1dwbx3hs]
    [:1dwbx3hs]I cannot unlock my phone[/:m:1dwbx3hs][/list:o:1dwbx3hs]

A few other comments:

It is not obvious to me how to set up side-by-side unlock options. I would like to be able to unlock my phone with either my ring or my code. In part, this is necessary because I have a VPN installed on my phone, which is not allowed without a pattern, code, or password unlock.

Google 2-factor authentication is a must for me. Now that I have enabled it, I don't want to part with it. I would really appreciate a way to deal with unlocking and 2-factor.

I'm going to try disabling 2-factor authentication temporarily so that I can get back into my phone.

• I was able to regain access to my phone by temporarily disabling 2-factor authentication.

I switched the NFC Ring Unlock app to "disable." I'm not sure what changed, but after some time and a few unlock/relock cycles with the NFC Ring Unlock app disabled, it has re-enabled itself, with the same symptoms as previously. After getting back into my phone by disabling 2-factor authentication a second time, I checked and discovered that the NFC Ring Unlock app was still disabled, but was overlaying the unlock screen anyway. Admin priviledges were enabled all the way through this process.

I have now uninstalled the NFC Ring Unlock app, since it seems to be too unstable for regular use.

Looks like your connection to NFC Ring Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.